I have a red 1 on my settings app how do i get it off

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: there is a red 1 on my settings app
Chxnce
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is most likely in response to the newest system update available for iPhone's. If you have already updated to iOS7, this is just another update on security features. To get rid of it, you have to install the update. If you do not want to update it, it will not go away.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chxnce
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is most likely in response to the newest system update available for iPhone's. If you have already updated to iOS7, this is just another update on security features. To get rid of it, you have to install the update. If you do not want to update it, it will not go away.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
mrsde

how do i update and cant get the red number 1 off

0 Likes
Chxnce
Enthusiast - Level 2

To update: You must be connected to Wi-Fi. First click the settings icon, then click general, then software update. It will ask you to verify a couple times that you would like to update. Once the phone is finished updating, the red number 1 will be gone.

If you do not choose to update, the red number 1 will stay.

0 Likes
mrsde

it says i dont have enough data to update??? IVe deleteted pics etc still not enough

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this mrsde! Which make & model iPhone do you have? How much free space is currently available? Please go to Settings>General>About and see what it says for both Capacity and Available. We'll get your update loaded yet!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes