transfer service
billy0321

we got a plan for our son and i want to know if we're able to transfer the service to him

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: transfer service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can probably transfer it under what's known as an Assumption of Liability (AOL). A search of this community will yield a number of discussions about it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Keep in mind if you want to transfer the service to his name and he does not have a good/any credit history, he may have to provide a security deposit of up to several hundred dollars before they will do so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for taking the time to help out. I appreciate your help!

@billy0321,

Absolutely! This can all be taken care of in just a few minutes! If your son is 18 years or older you can transfer his line to his name. This can be done by having him assume liability of his line.

The line would be transferred to his name and a new account in his name would be opened. You would no longer be responsible for his line once the line is in his name.

To get this started all you need to do is contact us and authorize the assumption of liability. Then your son would need to contact to start the transfer. You and your son can contact us by phone at 800-922-0204 at your convenience. We're available seven days a week 6am to 11pm CDT.

I truth this has fully addressed your concerns.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes