unlimited data plan
butterfly2179

Will Verizon Wireless EVER have unlimited talk,text & data plans for jetpacks and iphones? prices seem rediculous.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unlimited data plan
Not applicable

No unlimited data is not coming back. And there is obvious reason why they can't offer it. What exactly do you need unlimited data for anyway?

0 Likes
butterfly2179

my daughters do their school work on the laptop while they are at the grandmother's while im at work. There's no internet service there so I added the jetpack when i upgraded. i added that feature to set data restriction to alert me when the data is near 75% of usage. I cannot believe how much data a laptop can use compared to a smartphone.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like daughters are doing a lot more than homework.   Not that familar with jetpacks, but isn't it cheaper to pay for internet at grandma's?

0 Likes
steelraven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just because you don't need unlimited data doesn't mean everybody doesn't need it.. I get sick and tired of hearing people say the average person only use 1 to 2 gigs a month. If that's the case then why end unlimited data. Not only that, LTE eats up twice as much data than 3g, that's why it's so fast. But Verizon won't tell you that.. So if the average person is using 1 to 2 gigs in 3g they'll probably us 2 to 4 gigs with LTE. I pay $80 a month for my plan, if i move to shared with the data that I use my bill will go up to $100,why would I pay more for less? I wish I would've went to at&t when I had a chance to get unlimited data, at least they have give their customers the option of staying on their unlimited plan or moving to shared everything, now that's how you do business

emptyspiralforever
Enthusiast - Level 1

The best solution (the one I've found, since I use a LOT of data) is to get WiFi and tether your phone. I have the lowest and cheapest data plan with Verizon to save money, but if you're tethered to WiFi then anything you do goes through WiFi and it doesn't use data Smiley Happy

0 Likes
emptyspiralforever
Enthusiast - Level 1

People who travel a lot for work and can't tether to WiFi but still need to use their phones may use a lot of data, because they wouldn't be near any WiFi connection so they'd use their data up in the course of a week and be screwed lol

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

steelraven wrote:

Just because you don't need unlimited data doesn't mean everybody doesn't need it.. I get sick and tired of hearing people say the average person only use 1 to 2 gigs a month. If that's the case then why end unlimited data. So those of us who do not need unlimited data are not subsidizing the cost of that unlimited data for those who do use large amounts of data. You should pay an amount commensurate with your usage. I shouldn't have to help you.

Not only that, LTE eats up twice as much data than 3g, that's why it's so fast. No, that is not WHY it is so fast, but because of the different technology. Furthermore, LTE does not eat up twice as much data. You can USE twice as much data in the same amount of time if you choose to do more things. If you do the same things on 3G as you do on 4G, then you, for the most part, WILL NOT use twice as much data. You will just get done quicker.  Streaming video and music CAN use more data because of the higher bitrate, which in most apps is controllable in the settings, but this is not data most people NEED, they just CHOOSE to use it this way. Receiving emails, files, etc... a 25MB file is still 25MB whether on 3G or 4G. It is not twice as large and DOES NOT use twice as much data to download.

But Verizon won't tell you that.. So if the average person is using 1 to 2 gigs in 3g they'll probably us 2 to 4 gigs with LTE. This is untrue, UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR HABITS when you switch over. I have a 3G and a 4G phone on my plan. The 3G phone uses more data than the 4G phone, simply because of the data usage habits of the users. No video or music streaming on either of the phones, though. Both phones combined use less than 2GB in a month.

I pay $80 a month for my plan, if i move to shared with the data that I use my bill will go up to $100,why would I pay more for less? I do agree with this statement. If I were to switch to the Share Everything plan, my bill would increase, however if I were to switch to the tiered data plan, it would not.

I wish I would've went to at&t when I had a chance to get unlimited data, at least they have give their customers the option of staying on their unlimited plan or moving to shared everything, now that's how you do business

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

emptyspiralforever wrote:

People who travel a lot for work and can't tether to WiFi but still need to use their phones may use a lot of data, because they wouldn't be near any WiFi connection so they'd use their data up in the course of a week and be screwed lol

This may be true, but businesses will have to start rethinking how they utilize/pay for cell phones which their employees use, such as downloading (large) files and cellular allowances. However, conference calls would not be affected as the new Share Everything plans include unlimited minutes and normal email usage will not use up your allowance quickly. If an employee chooses to stream music/video to their phone, though, you can't expect a business to foot the bill for that. Use your radio, or download the music/video to your phone.

butterfly2179

Looking back and asking my daughter what she was up to on the laptop when she finished her homework... YouTube!  Oh the love of an 8y/o, soon to be 9 yr old LOL! Thanks everyone for the helpful info. It all makes sense yet, to stick within my budget and set limits for my daughters to learn what budgeting is all about and everything that goes with it, hopefully it'll give them a better understanding. My iphone tethers all wifis so like a lot of users, we are lucky. Who know...YouTube, common tween's website. LOL. Now im smack upside my own head. heh. Lots of helpful information from all of you, thank you Smiley Happy Makes perfect sense.

0 Likes