unresponsive home button!
DCastillo

THe home button on my iphone 4 has become unresponsive, sometimes I have to hit it like 6 to 7 times before it responds, if it even responds at all. Anyone else having issue with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unresponsive home button!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCastillo,

Good morning! I'm sorry to learn that the iPhone home button is unresponsive. That's a bummer! It definitely is not a common issue. Is there any debris surrounding the button? Has the button been damaged physically? If the phone is still under warranty, we will want to work together to get this issue addressed. Please DM me (AdamE_VZW) so I can assist further if this continues to be an issue.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Scoutaya

The home button has just started to act up on my iPhone4. So far I have not had to push the button more than 3 times to get it to respond. There is no physical damage. I have not yet upgraded to iOS 5. Might that make a difference?

Scout

0 Likes
vr6pwr84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try re-calibrating the button:

Step 1: Navigate to, and launch one of the stock applications on your iPhone. If you don’t already know, thestock apps are things like weather, YouTube, stocks, settings etc (any that come as part of iOS).

Step 2: When the app is launched, press and hold the Power button located at the top of the device until the ‘Slide to power off’ appears.

Step 3: Press and hold the iPhone home button. Keep the button depressed until the Slide to power off slider disappears and the application quits back to Springboard.

Step 4: Voila! Your home button is now re-calibrated and should be more responsive for you.

chusbands

I have the same problem, home button not working at all.  It clicks nothing happens.  I restored the phone, i have done the calibration directions above.  I opened a stock app like weather followed the directions, phone went back to screen but button still not working.  I went to my local verizon store they suggested contacting apple.  Should I do this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello chusbands and thank you to the other community members for your input. This issue with your unresponsive home button could be addressed at the Apple Store but I can also process an exchange. Did your phone incur any physical damage? Is the button area free of debri? If the phone is under warranty you can follow me ChaunceyM_VZW and send me a direct message.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes