unwanted "//BREW:0x..." text messages
DanielDumont

I've been receiving multiple text messages daily (11 so far today) from 200020002001 that all start with "//BREW:0x109e17e:0//SV (and then the detail varies from text to text. I've called tech support 4 or 5 times about this problem and unfortunately I continue to receive these messages.

I believe that the text message is being generated by a program on a phone that I used to have (LG Octane-which my daughter now uses). Can someone please let me know what I need to do to stop receiving these text messages. Unfortunately, I can't use the message blocking function because the text comes from a 12 digit number.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unwanted "//BREW:0x..." text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search is your friend here on this community. There many, many threads started on this topic. Several of them have various methods of stopping the messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DanielDumont

Search may be my friend but it doesn't solve my problem. I've read the

previous threads and none of them provide a solution that works for me.

I'm not surprised either because my last call to the Verizon experts was 2

weeks ago and if a simple search was all that was required, I'm sure they

would have let me know how to get rid of my unwanted text messages.

I'm guessing now that I don't understand the purpose of this forum.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two options. One reactivate the old phone and delete the email subscriptions for the text messages notification. Two call customer service and have them delete the subscription on their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also check the threads listed on the side of this discussion under the "more like this"

0 Likes
DanielDumont

Thanks Ann154,

I'll give it another shot!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help get rid of those pesky messages for you DanielDumont. I noticed Ann154 already suggested to give us a call so we can delete the subscription from our system. That would absolutely be the best option, since you mentioned your daughter is already using the Octane. If you didn't get a chance to give us a call yet, please follow and direct message me your mobile number so we can get those messages stopped.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes