verizon let someone activate my stolden phone!
michelle72

I reported my iphone lost or stolden back in august and in december had to switch the number to a differant phone since i didnt have insurance on it. But through the months I had repeatedly checked to make sure my phone had not been activated come to find out today it has been and now they say I never reported it and I could be lieing and probably sold it. So they refuse to do anything, they admitted they dropped the ball but refuse to do anything!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon let someone activate my stolden phone!
budone
Legend

How are you able to determine the device was activated?

0 Likes
michelle72

I found out who might of had it gave verizon the phone number and sure enough the esn number matched. But they said since they already have it activated on there account they cant do anything. They refuse to shut it off. They admitted its there mistake but when I talked to a supervisor he started telling me I probably sold it and accused me a lieing. I asked to speak with some one higher up and he refused.  He said also that I didnt have insurance so what does ti matter? I guess what they did was when I had the number switched to a basic phone it was lifted the lost or stolden list so they admit it was there fault. When they asked me what I wanted done I said I want my $200 back and that phone disconnected thats when I was accused of lieing even though I repeatedly was checking to make sure that phone was never activated through the months and was told no there is no way. Well now Im lieing and sold it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

So you know who stole it and have not gone after them??? Something is not adding up here.

0 Likes
michelle72

I just found out yesterday. So when I called verizon and said ok I think this is the number who has my phone they checked and yes it is my iphone. They are saying I never reported it lost or stolden which I did. I was told it was put on a list and no one could activate it. I had checked on it several times to make sure. I did not purchase the insurance on it so I was paying on the phoone from September to December and the data package was $50 so I was going to turn it off and they suggested I turn on a basic phone so I didnt have to pay the $350.00. So I did. Come to find out they lifted the suspesion on the Iphone 4 and released the serial number. I was not informed this would happen or I never would of let a phone go that I paid $200 for and paid on for 5 months. So they admitted they messed up but since the phone is now activated on there account they cant take it off. I was told that why does it matter I didnt have insurance anyways then I was accused of lieing that I probably sold it and now am acting like someone stold it.  and I just got off the phone with another supervisor and tells me well people buy it and cant afford it so they say it was lost or stolden and they sell it. Now if that was the case with me I would of been using the dam thing since i was paying on it for 5 months. Now Im wondering since she said that if you do purchase a iphone to get it off your account would you have to report it stolden?? And if that is the case they have to show I reported it or else Im sure they would not of let me switch to a basic which was there suggestion. Hmmmm?????

0 Likes
amethystrose

If you just suspend it, it automatically goes back on the "market" after 90 days.

0 Likes