voice mail
vaness88

when i receive voicemails i dont get any type of notification. when i hit the voice mail icon on my phone it asks to enter my password and its annoying i tried the whole *86 thing but it doesnt give me the option for change pw. it says options then to change pw hit 1 to change greeting 3 change language 5 and thats it. what do i do? help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voice mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vaness88,

No need to fret because we'll have those voicemails going through in a jiffy. First of all, how long has this been an issue? Were you able to access your voicemails prior? And do you not know the password? For now, please double tap the home button, find the voicemail app, hold it down, force close, restart your phone and test.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vaness88

I know my password but the phone wasn't notifying me that I had voicemails so I got a replacement phone today and its still asking for the password. I don't want a password on it I just want the visual voice mail where it's lists all my voicemails.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, vaness88. For your security, a password is always required for voicemail access. But once you enter it in the first time on the phone through the iPhone's Visual Voicemail, it'll save it for the future. When you tap the icon for voicemail, is it bringing you to the same voicemail as if you dial *86? Or is it prompting you to save a password on the phone for the app? Please visit http://bit.ly/1eHSbFc for a few more details.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vaness88

Yes it does the same thing as if I were dial *86 and it still doesn't give me visual voice mail

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience has been greatly appreciated on this matter vaness88. Voice mails is still a critical form of communication, especially while on the go. I want to make sure that we get the resolved for you once and for all. May I Ask for you to send me a private message with your full name and mobile number so we can get this taken care of for you? I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes