Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
volume randomly keeps turning down, stays on screen until turned up, disappears then randomly shows up with volume down again
giegie72

Hi, the volume has been randomly showing up on my screen turned all the way down and stays on the screen until I adjust it.  It may stay off for a couple of minutes then the volume icon will show up again and when it is doing this it looks like I am turning the volume down myself although I am not touching it.  I have done a reset of all settings and it is still doing it.  However, it is fairly random, it may do it continuously for a couple of hours and for instance, I have used my phone for the last 10 minutes and it hasn't done it at all.  Thanks for any help you can give!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: volume randomly keeps turning down, stays on screen until turned up, disappears then randomly shows up with volume down again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi giegie72,

This volume behavior is very strange! Sounds like a third party application may be conflicting with operating system. I recommend removing the latest applications and games installed and then test. Also, make sure to have the latest software version installed http://goo.gl/ADP3p on your phone. If issues continue, you may need to bring your phone back to original factory settings (hard reset) http://vz.to/uBfksa to resolve.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: volume randomly keeps turning down, stays on screen until turned up, disappears then randomly shows up with volume down again
B33
Sr. Leader

As Antonio suggested what 3rd party apps have you got downloaded to your phone.?  if not a long list post some of them you could run your phone in Safe Mode for a few hours or even a Day and see if the issue goes away.. if you see issue subside or go away it would indicate the apps that you have installed just might be the Culprit.. A couple of Good apps that i use on my Razr Maxx's is System Panel App which is a good app and it will let you know) What apps are running and what ones are Not, another good app i use is EQ i use it in conjunction with my Music apps like Slacker and Pandora and Winamp..

But give Safe Mode a Try and give the Apps i suggested a try..  b33

0 Likes