why can't I search my contact since my last back up assist?
KLM31012
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I make a call and type in the phone number, it shows up that I'm calling my contact but if I search for that contact in text messaging, contacts, or through the phone contacts, it doesn't come up.

Should I restore from my last sync?

My iphone is my rolodex, I really need some of these numbers.

Thanks for any advice!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why can't I search my contact since my last back up assist?
KLM31012
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!  My husband and I figured it out!

When we choose the contacts app, under groups there is a new group called Bliss Exceptions.  It must have come in with some sort of update.  I only update the apps I have.  There is no app for this under this name and when we Googled how to get rid of it, there were not answers, just other similar questions.

When we checked off Bliss Exceptions in the contacts group all reappeared.  I do find it disturbing through that al my contacts with phone numbers attached to them were moved to a group I never created without my permission!  Weird!

Thanks for checking!

Kristin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KLM31012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just realized now that the only contacts I can see in my phone are those with email address.  Like I said if I dial a phone number, while the call is being made it will show the correct contact but it's not searchable or visible in my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KLM31012,

Hmm, that's odd! Let's look into this further, did you restore from an iTunes backup or Verizon Cloud? Have you tried going into contacts, clicking groups on left top corner and ensuring your groups aren't hidden? Please share additional details.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KLM31012
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!  My husband and I figured it out!

When we choose the contacts app, under groups there is a new group called Bliss Exceptions.  It must have come in with some sort of update.  I only update the apps I have.  There is no app for this under this name and when we Googled how to get rid of it, there were not answers, just other similar questions.

When we checked off Bliss Exceptions in the contacts group all reappeared.  I do find it disturbing through that al my contacts with phone numbers attached to them were moved to a group I never created without my permission!  Weird!

Thanks for checking!

Kristin

0 Likes