why does my iphone 4s keep searching for a signal?
mlou

just last night it started the searching mode and I've tried everything that's been recommended except replacing the SIM card, if that would make any difference.  I have no tower service, no wifi service ,... nothing.

thanks for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why does my iphone 4s keep searching for a signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlou,

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this signal issue together. We appreciate you doing as much troubleshooting as possible. Since the phone also stopped receiving WiFi at the same time, it's very possible the phone has suffered a hardware failure and needs to be replaced. The 4S doesn't actually use its SIM card while stateside, so that definitely won't be the fix. Let's go ahead and discuss the things you tried in a bit of detail so we know where we need to pick up. Were you able to try Resetting Network Settings, Restoring device with iTunes, or completing a Recovery Mode restore? If any, which? Also, which iOS version do you have and do you have recent backups in iCloud or iTunes?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes