3g to 4g LTE Unlimited for iPhone 5
Sean845

Hi, I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I'm still pretty confused. I have a 3g unlimited plan right now and I want to get the iPhone 5. I want to know if I buy the phone at full retail price, will I get to keep my unlimited plan and have unlimited 4g LTE or will I have to get a new data plan? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3g to 4g LTE Unlimited for iPhone 5
e_rs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Data is data regardless of it being 3G or 4G. I guess the common fear for some folks is that with 4G LTE speeds being faster data usage habits might change and therefore result in using more data.

Depending on the plan you are in now and if your line is available for an upgrade the only way you will be able to keep your unlimited data plan is to buy the phone at a non subsidized price, so if everything stays true to form as past iPhone releases your looking at: $649.99 16 GB; $749.99 32 GB; $849.99 64 GB plus an upgrade fee of $30 and of course any taxes, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the situation as you presented it, you will keep your data plan as long as you purchase the phone for full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
e_rs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Data is data regardless of it being 3G or 4G. I guess the common fear for some folks is that with 4G LTE speeds being faster data usage habits might change and therefore result in using more data.

Depending on the plan you are in now and if your line is available for an upgrade the only way you will be able to keep your unlimited data plan is to buy the phone at a non subsidized price, so if everything stays true to form as past iPhone releases your looking at: $649.99 16 GB; $749.99 32 GB; $849.99 64 GB plus an upgrade fee of $30 and of course any taxes, etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The upgrade fee isn't applied when purchasing a phone a retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes