4G LTE questions *need help ASAP*
amw9490

First of all, I have a line on my sister's plan with her and her husband. They both have iPhone 4's, so they are not able to get 4G LTE. I just received the iPhone 5 and I would like to call and enable 4G LTE. Here are the questions I have:

1. We are on a family plan. Will enabling 4G LTE just on my line affect the rest of the plan or will there just be a monthly charge thrown on top of the monthly bill?

2. How much is the 4G LTE? I read somewhere that it was an extra $30 per line per month, I just want to double check.

3. Basically, I just want to make sure that enabling 4G LTE only affects the line I have, and not the other two lines that are on our family plan.

Sorry if these are basic questions, I just want to cover all my bases before calling and ebaling 4G. Please let me know ASAP, thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE questions *need help ASAP*
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Data is data. It doesn't matter if it is 4G LTE or 3G EDVO. You are already paying for the data access with the "Share Everything Plan".

There is no $30 per line for data on the plan you have. You do have a line access charge of $40 per month to be on the account with your family.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are paying for a data plan when you have a smartphone on Verizon Wireless. It is the same data plan whether it is the 4G or 3G network you are connecting to. Do you know what is the name of your data plan? Is it a tiered data plan or the old unlimited data plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amw9490

I'm not sure. I have the tools necessary to find out such as the username and password to check online. What exactly do I do?

Also, I have another question. I just activated my phone and it says "Verizon LTE" in the corner. Does that mean 4G? I haven't enabled 4G, so why would it say LTE in the corner instead of 3G?

0 Likes
amw9490

Also, on my customer receipt it says that I have the "Share everything unlimited talk and text 4GB". If that helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

amw9490 wrote:

Also, on my customer receipt it says that I have the "Share everything unlimited talk and text 4GB". If that helps.

That answers the data plan question. You have 4 GB of data that you are sharing between the three lines on your account. This covers both 3G and 4G network access.

If your phone indicates it was connecting to the LTE network, then you were accessing the 4G LTE network.

0 Likes
amw9490

Is it odd that I did not activate 4G LTE and it is already showing on my iPhone? Because I never activated it, I'm not sure how much LTE costs. It is $30 per month, correct? And it's $30 total, not per line?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Data is data. It doesn't matter if it is 4G LTE or 3G EDVO. You are already paying for the data access with the "Share Everything Plan".

There is no $30 per line for data on the plan you have. You do have a line access charge of $40 per month to be on the account with your family.

0 Likes
amw9490

Oh, okay. Thank you for your help, it would have taken my forever to figure this out. Smiley Happy

0 Likes