5C NON UPGRADE
M2T2D2

I'm curious, has ANYONE been able to get the " free" 5c upgrade?? I went into the Verizon store in Joliet, Il. and was told they had no more 5c phones and COULD NOT order any. I asked if they could give me a discount  on a 5s since THEY were the ones not honoring the offer. NO. No discount, no ordering, I'm SOL. But thanks for stopping by anyway!! This is clearly a BAIT AND SWITCH to me. How many 5c phones did they have, 5???

Verizon, I have been a customer for 40 years. Thanks for treating me so well, it's really appreciated!! Time to think about switching to AT&T where I can get my employee discount anyway. If you make an offer, you should be able to fulfill it. There is no way you "run out of and can't order these phones." Does anyone at Verizon care to

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 5C NON UPGRADE
SWNative
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my iPhone 5c upgrade on 3/21 and received it yesterday.  My understanding, after extensive research (believe me, I've been through the ringer on this one) is that the phones are, indeed, coming straight from Apple and the 5c's are backordered via Apple.  I was at a Verizon retail location yesterday and they have none-zip-nada and won't until the end of April.  I have some billing issues to work out with Verizon and how the upgrade went through on the phones but the plan upgrade did some majorly funky things but I am not going to give up and believe they will make it right, one way or another.  I'm trying to hold them to the high standard of customer service they say they have!

Re: 5C NON UPGRADE
tirediron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I join the chorus of posters identifying the “Free Apple 5C” as a bait & switch fraud. After multiple attempts to place the order online, I called to ask how I could place the order. I was assured she could handle it. Incidentally I changed my plan on advice it was required for the upgrade.  I left a phone with a representative believing I had placed the order within the prescribed deadline. I additionally modified my plan in that call. The plan modification occurred but the phone was not shipped. Having not received the I did not respond immediately  because the website said they were on backorder. I called to ask when it would be shipped. When no rider except the plan change was found I gave them the exact time of the call expecting they would acknowledge it as their error by listening to the call. When I was told I could not get the free upgrade because it had expired, a superviser  asserted that my call had been reviewed and that I had just called only to modify my plan. That is not true and I disputed that.  when I asked that my order on 3/30/14 be honored I was told by by supervisor the offer had expired. tt was my intent throughout the call to take advantage of the free 5C upgrade and then to modify my plan.     have have been a Verizon customer for some time.  This has disappointed me and it is my intent  to change carriers at the end of the month. Before doing so I want to write to the President of Verizon to explain the arbitrary treatment I received and ask that the recording of my call be reviewed to prove my point. In retrospect I think  that the sales personnel used a variant of the bait and switch technique so I would accept the $99 upgrade in lieu of the “phantom” free upgrade. That could only occur in an organization that is ethically corrupt. I will find another carrier with principles.

0 Likes