Re: 5c Shutdown/Soft Reset is becoming a Daily Routine, and something is Eating my Battery!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BigBlackDodge!

Your efforts are appreciated and your efforts are greatly appreciated! Let's get to the bottom of this. Please Private Message me for additional assistance.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: 5c Shutdown/Soft Reset is becoming a Daily Routine, and something is Eating my Battery!!!!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and   AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
BigBlackDodge

I have followed you, but I haven't had any luck sending you a message. <<Number removed>>

It has gotten ever increasingly worse. I noticed yesterday, that as long as I don't lock the phone, it doesn't do it. So I have selected 'Never' for the auto-lock, and I've dimmed the screen way down to help with battery life, but it's nearly impossible not to inadvertently press icons, even while it's in my pocket.

One other thing I have found strange, I wear a Bluetooth earpiece for work, and even when the screen won't 'wake up', the Bluetooth is still connected, so the phone hasn't actually turned off, it just will not respond to anything. I have even called it from other phones while in that state, and it just goes to voicemail. Once I initiate the Soft Reset, the Bluetooth loses and then regains connection with the phone.  Someone please help me with this thing. I am a very busy working father and coach of 3 boys in extracurricular activities right now, this has been going on for a month now, I'm about to lose my mind!!!!! Thanks to all those who have helped me so far!!!! And Thanks in advance for any help you can further provide.

PJ

Message edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand the frustration, BigBlackDodge. One question. When you reset your device did you restore everything? Such as bringing back all of your applications and such. If so, we encourage you to reset it and NOT restore everything. Just for a little bit. This will advise us if it is an application that is causing the issue or it is the actual software on the device.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BigBlackDodge

I did restore everything except my music.  And it only made it a little longer than 24 hours before it started again.  Thanks for your time, I will do another hard reset this evening.  Is there a way to start back by adding just my contacts, and maybe one app at a time?  The main things I would need are my contacts and emails.  Then once everything passes, say 24-48 hrs I'd probably add Facebook next and so on and so on as long as each add makes it passed the test mark successfully.  I initially deleted a lot of apps before I even did the first hard reset, hoping that maybe it was an app causing it, but no such luck.  Just let me know how I can do one app at a time, and again, Thank you RobinD!!

PJ

0 Likes
BigBlackDodge

Just another reminder, the battery drain on this phone has gotten much worse. I have to recharge it at least once, if not twice, a day now. And that's only 14-16 hours of the day. I've also noticed that as the battery gets lower, the frequency of the problem goes with it. In that, full charge = it does it a lot & very frequent. Low charge = it happens less frequently. <br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
BigBlackDodge

Did another Hard Reset yesterday evening and set up the phone as New. Plugged it in to charge for the night, woke up this morning @ 6:15am to check it, it was dead again. Had to Soft Reset. Once it booted up, I noticed the battery was only up to 96%. Didn't unplug from the charger until 7:30am by then it was showing 100%. It's happened 6 more times today. Just plugged the phone up to recharge as the battery was at 9% @2:20pm! <br/>I fully believe I should get to swap this thing for a new iPhone 6!!!!!!! Especially for all my efforts in troubleshooting this thing. As most folks would have marched into the nearest Verizon Store and demanded a New Replacement the very first time it happened. Huh? It has caused and cost me much grief and frustration!!!!!<br/>PJ[<br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone | https://overview.mail.yahoo.com?.src=iOS]

0 Likes