5c, less than two months old, just went dark and will not respond to charging, restore or itunes at all.
miss_anonymous

HELP! i'm new to iPhones, and so far have been happy. thanksgiving night the phone was acting up so i made sure all updates and software were current, and restored.  woke up yesterday to dead phone. thought the outlet where i'm staying might have been broken, but it's the phone. not communicating with itunes, not charging, totally non-responsive.  HELP! is there anything to do besides go to the store?  thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 5c, less than two months old, just went dark and will not respond to charging, restore or itunes at all.
Not applicable

Go to an Apple store if you can. It has a warranty see if they can assist.

Verizon if you call them will exchange it with a refurbished piece of junk. 1-800-922-0204 is verizon wireless if you want to go that route. http://www.apple.com go to the forums and see if you have others that fixed it. Personally I only hook to iTunes to make ringtones. Updates I receive over the air. Usually a press of the power button along with the large button in the middle until the device refreshes itself does the trick.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: 5c, less than two months old, just went dark and will not respond to charging, restore or itunes at all.
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

There are currently no refurbs for the iPhone 5s or 5c.  If the device needs to be replaced by Apple, it will be a new phone.

Also, Apple refurbs are not junk.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Having never to use the service either with verizon or Apple I could not say.

However I am sure if the customer goes through verizon for warranty there will be some refurbished devices. I know Apple now has in store repairs since I just read the announcement on line. I find if you go to the maker of the device it is far better than going through Verizon's exchange under warranty plan. I am reading here that one poster is on his fourth replacement.

And not seeing any information to the contrary in regards to Apple warranty through verizon as sending brand new replacements maybe you can send me a link where I can read that policy.

IPhone devices do go bad, read the other carriers forums and what goes bad is normally repaired and then used as replacement devices, I cannot see the cellular provider issuing new if refurbished is available.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The point is that the devices are so new and in such short demand that there are no refurbs yet.

0 Likes
miss_anonymous

thanks elector. looks like apple store is the only place to go in and walk

out with a replacement anyway. so much for the advantage of doing biz iwth

a national company. i'd have to drive 45 miles to nearest verizon store

that could ORDER me a replacement. by then, i'm only a few more miles to

the apple store. happy thanksgiving vacation. too bad you can't call your

friends. oh well. c'est la vie moderne!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am not disputing your statement is not logical or factual. However production of these devices are at least in my neck of the woods readily available. I just walked in less than a week ago and bought a new Apple 5s and my number was ported into it within twenty minutes. So it depends where you live I guess.

Using an analogy of too new to have refurbished devices I would say depending on production and the rate of failure with customer base thrown in (all providers) there has to be returned and refurbished devices. Be it fair!are on day one or day twenty one. You have piqued my curiosity in that I am going to call verizon first, the do a web search to see if broken iPhone 5 devices are replaced with brand new devices.

Of course since I have the 5s it would be a legitimate inquiry.

Happy Sunday

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ha ha "such is life"

If your iPhone is still not that old Apple Care extends your warranty up to two years. It is $99 and you can buy it right at the Apple Store or online at http://www.apple.com however you have one year of warranty from Apple so going to them makes better sense than going through verizon wireless.

Good luck on your vacation, at least when the ordeal is over you will have a working iPhone.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The point is that RIGHT NOW there aren’t any refurbs.

0 Likes