9/28 shipping came early! / activation
dsquarepants7

today i should be getting my phone before three i got the tracking number last night.

by the way im in california. i ordered around 5 p.m pacific time.

i have a question i  used my dads upgrade to get the iphone 5 and its under his number when i get the phone should i activate it on my number or his first?

please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 9/28 shipping came early! / activation
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Don't turn on your new iphone yet. Call VZW up and let the rep know you received your phone under your dad's line and want to activate it under a different line. They won't be able to do it instantly but they can move the SIM info over to the new line so hopefully it will not take a full 24 hours for you. When you call them also do not call from the phone line you are transferring the iphone too. They will ask that line /phone be powered off.

You will get told you have to wait 24 hours for the "pending" activation to completed but mine only took about 2 hours. Check your account online and once the activation is complete, you will notice your "My Device" now effects the iphone 5

View solution in original post

0 Likes
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

Don't turn it on. You must call and get it done through a Verizon rep

0 Likes
dsquarepants7

ok, thanks but on what line should i activate it on?

0 Likes
domino531

I did the same thing.  Had to activate on my dad's line first and then deactivate by switching it back to his old phone which you can just call *228 to do or customer support.  Then you have to wait 24 hours and call customer service and they can get you set up with the phone on unlimited.  I just went through all this and hooked it up last night

0 Likes
dsquarepants7

ughhhh thats such a dragg lol i hate waiting. but atleast you have unlimited now

0 Likes
domino531

yeah i know i was more than happy to wait a day in order to keep the unlimited and not have to worry about watching my data usage

0 Likes
dsquarepants7

i know most people didnt know they were able to do that and keep there unlimited .

0 Likes
domino531

i know if i would have gotten my phone on 9/21 like it originally said then i would have been screwed but i found out about it by reading these threads over that weekend and got it figured out. lucky for me the order was late lol

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Don't turn on your new iphone yet. Call VZW up and let the rep know you received your phone under your dad's line and want to activate it under a different line. They won't be able to do it instantly but they can move the SIM info over to the new line so hopefully it will not take a full 24 hours for you. When you call them also do not call from the phone line you are transferring the iphone too. They will ask that line /phone be powered off.

You will get told you have to wait 24 hours for the "pending" activation to completed but mine only took about 2 hours. Check your account online and once the activation is complete, you will notice your "My Device" now effects the iphone 5

0 Likes
dsquarepants7

haha i know same here i was constantly here, so do u have the phone yet ? how are you liking it.

i pre ordered mine 9/14 and i should be getting it today

0 Likes