Re: Accessive data usage on iPhone 5??!
uwswoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

If “This is currently not a known issue with the iPhone 5” than why do you have pages of people on this blog with the

SAME ISSUE?!?!

0 Likes
mim3

Hello,

This is not my first iphone/idevice. The data spikes make no sense when the device is at home utilizing wifi (as our the other 7 devices). How do you explain data usage overnight/early morning when the device is idle? There are no new apps etc that have been installed. The data spikes are inconsistent with any other service provider data history. I understand the boiler plate response, but what information can you provide me on how Verizon gathers and collects data usage?

Regards,

Mike

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
uwswoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well said! They need to stop the PREPARED boiler reply and get to the bottom of this ASAP.

0 Likes
starsnheaven

Gee isn't this a coincidence. I was told it must be my phone yet here's a whole post about everyone having the same issues. I to was told to turn off my cellular data when connected to wifi, which worked great until I found out that I can't get regular picture messages from my family and friends while that's turned off! When I went to leave for work this morning I turned cellular data back on and got 14 pictures pushed through from last night because I had it turned off! Had to upgrade my phone from 2GB to 5GB because I went over last month. When I bought this POS I was told I only averaged a half a gig of data a month. Last month I used 3GBs.

I never had this problem with the iPhone 4 and it would have been great if someone would have told me this was a problem before I bought the phone. Because of course now it's too late to return it for something different.

I'm not happy with Verizon at all right now cause I've done everything from resets and turning the data off. Those options aren't cutting it anymore.

Get with it Verizon and give us a solution that actually works. Like give us our unlimited data back so we don't have to worry about this anymore.

0 Likes
uwswoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im on with them now.They charged me a LATE fee and still haven’t applied the credits - I refuse to pay for overage. They put me on a 30G plan for the month so avoid this (how REDIK) they were to credit me the difference, of course they have not~ They told me I used 18G in a week ?! When I had the 4 I averaged 4G per month! I told them I want a credit for ALL OVER AGE back to when I switched to the 5 no exceptions. They think we are all idiots and rather than fix it just stone walling. Im so pissed!~

0 Likes
fourspoons

Did you read the facts of my comment. ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mim3,

There's no doubt that such a dramatic data spike would cause shock for me as well. And we want to get to the bottom of it. Ultimately, we gather data usage by what your SIM relay back to our billing system. Regarding usage at certain idle hours, some apps and functions may still be accruing usage at those times. When you go to settings > general > usage, what shows up as using the most data? And from settings > general > background app refresh, is that turned on? If so, please turn off and verify usage over this time via My Verizon to see if anything changes http://bit.ly/xB4iTc .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure to get a better understanding of where the usage is coming from on your account, uwswoman. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number so I can see what the outcome of your call was the other day and determine the next best step.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
starsnheaven

They are sending me a replacement phone, but I'm not holding my breath this one will work any better.

I'm trying to figure out how in the hell I used 4x that amount of data at 4:05am while I was sleeping then I did while I was at the gym for an hour streaming music and using Twitter, getting emails everything. I only used 574.5kbs of data while at the gym for an hour not connected to wifi and I used over 39,000kbs of data at 4:05am while I was sleeping and the phone was plugged in connected to wifi.

Hey Verizon, care to explain that one??

0 Likes
starsnheaven

Maybe you guys can explain this one to me...

I'm trying to figure out how in the hell I used 4x that amount of data at 4:05am while I was sleeping then I did while I was at the gym for an hour streaming music and using Twitter, getting emails everything. I only used 574.5kbs of data while at the gym for an hour not connected to wifi and I used over 39,000kbs of data at 4:05am while I was sleeping and the phone was plugged in connected to wifi.

Also why are all my push notifications using cellular data when I'm connected to wifi??

0 Likes