Activating IPhone 5
jspad

Hello,

I got a new i-phone 5 today that was sent to me from China. The IMEI number on the back of the phone starts with 01 and in the "about" section of my phone has the IMEI number listed starting with 35. Is this a signifier that it is indeed an unlocked phone as it is supposed to be?

This doesn't fix the problem however as Verizon is my carrier and they require the number start with 99. Is there any way to change the number to start with 99 or does anyone know which carrier accepts phone activations starting with the digits 35? My options if I can't activate my phone with Verizon is to see who I can activate my phone through that accepts 35, or to sell this iphone and buy one directly from the apple or verizon site.

Please let me know if you have information! Also, I don't have a sim card yet so I can't do anything through the phone...

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activating IPhone 5
Not applicable

This site may be able to assist you. Loads of information for you to read. Personally I would go into a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store and let them activate it if they can. Why buy a phone directly from China? We have everything made there now as it is.    http://imei-number.com/check-digit-calculation/

0 Likes