Activating a used iPhone 5s from Droid.
bus3617

I currently own a Razr Maxx and I recently ordered a used iPhone 5S off of eBay. Previously when changing phones (broken Razr Maxx to a not-so-broken Razr Maxx) I could just swap my SIM card and the new phone was ready to go. Can someone please explain to me what exactly I have to do to activate a used iPhone 5S? As I understand it they use a different size SIM card, will I have to go to a Verizon store? What if it comes with a SIM card, can I use that? I still have unlimited data so I just want to make sure I don't mess it up. Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activating a used iPhone 5s from Droid.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bus3617,

Being able to retain all of your exisiting features is something we understand is a concern to you. The good news is that when activating an iPhone 5s received from eBay, you will definitely keep your unlimited data. The iPhone 5s does indeed use a different sim card so we would have to provide you with another one. You can either go to the Verizon store location to receive one or we can send you one in the mail by calling 800-922-0204. If you do go to the store just bring in the iPhone so that we make sure we are providing you with the right card. I certainly hope this helps as this will assist with enjoying your iPhone.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bus3617,

Being able to retain all of your exisiting features is something we understand is a concern to you. The good news is that when activating an iPhone 5s received from eBay, you will definitely keep your unlimited data. The iPhone 5s does indeed use a different sim card so we would have to provide you with another one. You can either go to the Verizon store location to receive one or we can send you one in the mail by calling 800-922-0204. If you do go to the store just bring in the iPhone so that we make sure we are providing you with the right card. I certainly hope this helps as this will assist with enjoying your iPhone.

CandiceH_VZW

bus3617

Thank you for your help! Will I have to pay for the different SIM card or is it free?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are more than welcome! When going to a Verizon Wireless corporate store there is no charge to get a replacement sim card at all. Some of the indirect locations may charge a small fee however. If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us again.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

But be careful. The Sim you use now is keyed to your unlimited data account. A new Sim if you check the forum not properly set up at the store has resulted in loss of unlimited data.

Be very careful, check your account in a few hours after getting that nano Sim.

Good Luck