Activation Delays on iphone 5
fsudave

Just wanted to let all those who ordered new iphone5s through Verizon know that you may not be able to activate the phone when it arrives.   I ordered a new iphone5 and was very excited to start using it.  However, after following the activation instructions, guess what - unable to activate call Verizon support.  After about 30 minutes with tech support, I was told that it would be at least 24 hours until the phone could be activated.  When I asked about the delay, I was told that they were having problems with the iphone5 activations.   So, as a word of warning, if you order the iphone5, and are very excited to start using it (as most of us are) when it finally arrives, you may just have to let it sit idle for at least a day while Verizon tries to figure out how to activate it.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation Delays on iphone 5
JGUT

You're right. Last Saturday I purchased the phone using my non-smartphone line. I had to wait until Sunday to remove the iPhone from that line because Verizon servers were down (due to Hurricane Sandy). Sunday morning I finally removed the phone but when I tried to activate on my unlimited data line it would not work. Finally the next day at around 10:30 am I was able to activate the phone on my line. So I think it was 24 hours after I had removed it from my non-smartphone line.

0 Likes