Re: Activation issue--"SIM Not Valid" on new iPhone 5S
Yollennium
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wrong and Wrong.  It has something to do with apple servers not talking correctly with verizon, it's all in the back end.

If you do go to either apple or verizon, you won't receive any more help (take it from me and other that have already tried), however we should continue to call and file our issues.  The more they hear from us, the faster the will move (i hope).

Thanks for paying full price, clearly it wasn't enough!

halo3kbb

Same problem. Paid full price and my brand new iPhone 5s is a paper weight.  I called Verizon and after an hour on the phone, they finally realized/admitted it's a known issue.  Their internal ticket number for this issue is  >>removed<<.  If you're so incline and want to skip over the hour hassle of trying to explain the whole story, go right to that ticket number number with the CSR and ask for the status.

Thanks for listening,

Brian

>>Proprietary information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vznajd

It's launch day. Things happen.

I'm going through it too. I don't blame anyone in particular when there are a TON of activations occurring non-stop on one of the busiest phone sales days of the year.

It sucks, but it'll get resolved. When I was on the phone with Verizon they received an official email that this is an Apple issue, and it's being worked out.

I hope it's sooner than later.

0 Likes
ChangingtoATT

Same. Gave my old iphones.  I've had no phones, unable to contact my clients all day and lost lots of money.  My previous Samsung Galaxy had no sim card issues.  Was on the phone with Verizon, they transferred me to Apple.  Nice Apple guy took all my information and said it was an "engineering issue" and that hopefully they will have it resolved within 24 to 48 hours and he would call me back on Monday to follow-up.  I'm soooo close to switching to AT&T. 

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone with verizon friends having success?

SR0211
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1640956

Read above link from MacRumors for some insight as to what happend.  Answer towards end of thread

Post number # 12 and 14

mahower
Enthusiast - Level 2

anybody know when the issue will be fixed?

0 Likes
Jumpie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, after multiple calls to Apple today, it's finally been resolved for me. I suggest calling Apple and tell them the issue and let them know that the support center in Boise knows what the fix is.

My SIM is now active. Although, I did have to restore again.

0 Likes
NinjaPuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem is... I can't call cuz my old iPhone 4 is deactivated and my new iPhone 5s isn't activated either.  I can call Verizon w/ *611.  Also, I know a lot of people were having issues with phones that were paid at full price, but mine was through a business, so I'm just adding that to mostly everyone who says this is an issue of just full priced phones

0 Likes
Jumpie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure you can if you have a computer with speakers and a microphone. Create a Gmail account and call from Gmail.

0 Likes