Activation problems?
CalebB

Anyone else having problems activating their phone this morning? I got my iphone 5 today and its had "waiting for activation" on the screen for an hour or two. Is verizon flooded with activations or something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation problems?
SSPhilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but 2 million phones were sold in that first 24 hours, and every single one of those people is trying to activate their phone today. Obviously not all on Verizon, but...yeah, suffice to say there are a lot of people trying to do the same thing as you. Try calling customer service (good luck!) to see if it's advisable to restart the phone and try again. I don't know if interrupting it will cause harm, which is why I'd call first.

CalebB

Didn't sound jerky to me. I get what you're saying, I thought that was probably what it is. Thanks for the reply =D

0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got mine at around 10:30 EST and had no issues - glad it came early in the day. I would imagine as the day went on all these activation issues would get worse and then get better. Just look how slow iTunes was earlier on. Seems better now.

0 Likes
DudeIrish

Just tried to activate mine.  Verizon told me that they were having problem activating them, and had many instances of failures to activate.  They advised me to not even attempt activation at this time.  No ETA as to when the problem will be resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CalebB,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues activating your new iPhone 5. These activation issues are not typical but with the millions of iPhones that were sold and then subsequently activated at the same time, some activations were slightly affected. I trust at this point your device has been successfully activated, however if for any reason you are still experiencing complications, please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can get your iPhone up an running. 

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes