Advice on how to file a complaint so someone actually hears it?
NEEDchocolate

On November 2nd I stopped in a Verizon store and ordered 3 iPhones and was told they would ship the 16th of November, but there was a possibility of them shipping later due to demand. On the 12th of November I saw shipping timeline was still the 16th on new orders so I emailed my salesperson to ensure that we were still on schedule to ship the 16th. She confirmed that yes indeed we were.

One the 16th I hadn't received any kind of shipping information so I tried to contact my sales person again, no response. So I went online and did a chat with a salesperson there. They informed me that the store salesperson never placed the order. They had me call the 800 number for customer service, where I was told that the order was on hold because of an authorization problem on the 9th. I went online to my CC company and it showed no issues, available balance fine, nothing. After more review the customer service person told me that on the 12th it showed that they had received payment for both phones and wasn't sure why they hadn't shipped already. I explained that I had ordered 3 phones, she wasn't sure what had happened, but assured me that 3 would ship yet on the 16th as there appeared to be no issues with the order. The following day I would receive a text that they shipped and that my card would be charged at that time. No text, not charges to my CC, nothing.

Today, the 18th, I spent over two hours online with a salesperson via chat, and their supervisor. They had me call customer service number two more times to try to get the issue resolved. After much runaround of "no order was placed" and then "order was placed and is on hold" and then telling me if I cancelled the order over the phone and place it online they would ship phone out yet today for me. So on the phone I told the customer service person to cancel the order and with the help of the online chat salesperson they start to walk me through ordering a new phones. I get to the first one and it tells me I can't because there are already pending orders on that line.

So after much frustration, the customer service person is going to try to call me. No call, tell me they can't get through. Finally I get a call and it is immediately dropped. Go figure!

Anyway, after the second call back to customer service, they tell me that the order will ship by Wednesday. No overnight, they didn't realize they couldn't actually do that without cancelling the order and then placing a new one, but that would take 24 hours to process.

So after a very frustrating morning online and on the phone, I can only hope that an order will actually ship, but I have already been told it would 3x, so I am not holding my breath. I asked if there was a customer service contact so that we might figure out what happened so that other customers don't have to go through this as well. They gave me the same general number/address that I had now called 3x and still weren't able to figure out what happened. I asked the supervisor that I chatted with, for their direct contact in case it didn't ship and was told they can't give that out. She gave me a link to the Executive leadership page and said to contact anyone there and they would respond, but when I go to that page, there isn't any contact information, just their names.

Someone at Verizon needs to know what is going on, so they can fix the problem, but is there any way at actually get to a real person?

I have been a loyal customer since 1997, and can't believe the runaround I have gotten.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Advice on how to file a complaint so someone actually hears it?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

NEEDchocolate wrote:

She gave me a link to the Executive leadership page and said to contact anyone there and they would respond, but when I go to that page, there isn't any contact information, just their names. 

click View Profile under the names, then on the individual profiles, scroll to the bottom and click on their name (in blue where it says Contact)