After 12 hours, new iPhone 5 is still not activated!
Scientist

<< Post moved to iPhone 5 space for better exposure >>

I've been told by a VZW 'technician' that my activation process is bogged down in a cluster of malfunctioning switches.  But, no guidance regarding how the problem will be resolved, or when!  Was told many customers were suffering this problem today, but my phone was one of four purchased today, and the other three achieved automatic activation in ten minutes or less.  Does anyone at VZW really know what's happening here, and why?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After 12 hours, new iPhone 5 is still not activated!
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

FYI - there is an iPhone area of the forums that may have better information/feedback for you.

If there truely is a problem with the service area you are trying to register your phone in then simply travel to a different service area and complete the steps.  Not sure if iPhones use SIM cards but your SIM could be bad and require replacement too. 

VZW never fully discloses the details on outages or why they are happening.  Phone reps are not provided with that information either.  Only the field personnel responsible for repairing and maintaining the towers really know what is going on and its not thier job to speak to customers.  All anyone will ever let you know is when service is down and then back up again.

0 Likes
Re: After 12 hours, new iPhone 5 is still not activated!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Scientist

I'm sure you're super excited to get your phone activated so you can start enjoying your new phone!

Let's take a look at your account to determine what's going on and get your phone activated. Please follow me and send me a direct message with your name, mobile number, and a contact number so I can further assist you.

I'm sure we can get this resolved in no time!

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes