Re: After upgrading to 8.1, my network is stuck in "Extended" instead of "Verizon." Battery life is also POOR now
TennisChic

I'm having the same issue, except it happened after I updated to 8.1.1. I've tweeted Verizon Support and am waiting on a response. I've toggled Airplane Mode, network reset and a reset by holding the Home/Sleep keys at the same time.

0 Likes
Re: After upgrading to 8.1, my network is stuck in "Extended" instead of "Verizon." Battery life is also POOR now
rasmith1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try doing a factory reset on your phone. Sometimes the update doesn't go as smoothly as it should and doing the factory reset correct it. Just be sure that you make a backup of your phone before you start. If you need any help in how to do any of this feel free to ask.

0 Likes
whatevz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip. Already did that. Already wiped the phone and did a clean install. I've already done everything you can possibly do, other than installing a new sim card. That is next on my list.

In response to others asking about 8.1.1, no, I'm still stuck in "extended" and my battery life is still dismal.

I've been to the Apple store to test my battery, and it is healthy.

I wish Apple and Verizon would stop playing hot potato and FIX THIS. It's one or the other or both! My phone's performance shouldn't be inhibited by YOUR mistakes.