Any iPhone5 Users out in the Chicagoland area?... If so please check in......
geo4dub

Hey guys,

I am currently a Sprint customer (possibly switching)and was wondering if anyone out here is
using a iPhone 5 on the Verizon Network in Chicago?  If so how is the phone running on the 4 LTE network and
are you having any issues with it?  Also anyone having any Wifi issues with it? 
I want to get the phone, but I am hesitant as I have been following an Apple
thread that is not looking good on this phone...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4322714?start=2625&tstart=0

Thanks guys!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any iPhone5 Users out in the Chicagoland area?... If so please check in......
queueman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live on the near north side of Chicago. I've had the iPhone 5 since September 2012 when it first came out. The voice quality is excellent and I've used it in the city, the Southwest and the Northwest suburbs and in Door County, Wisconsin without any issue. The 4G LTE is super fast. Web pages load quickly. At home I'm connected to WIFI.

My previous smart phone (not an iPhone) had reception issues in my neighborhood, I'm guessing because of the high rise buildings. I have not experienced that at all with the iPhone 5.

I do have issues with voice calls in my condo, but that is more of a problem with the building than anything else. Everyone's reception is spotty inside the building, which is a concrete high rise, so I don't consider that a problem with the iPhone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any iPhone5 Users out in the Chicagoland area?... If so please check in......
qebball

I have been using the iPhone 5 on 4g LTE network since it came out.  I am on the Naval base in Great Lakes, IL.  It works fine I have no complaints with upgraded from the iPhone 4.

0 Likes
geo4dub

Thanks brother for your response!  Anyone else out here in the CHI?

0 Likes
queueman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live on the near north side of Chicago. I've had the iPhone 5 since September 2012 when it first came out. The voice quality is excellent and I've used it in the city, the Southwest and the Northwest suburbs and in Door County, Wisconsin without any issue. The 4G LTE is super fast. Web pages load quickly. At home I'm connected to WIFI.

My previous smart phone (not an iPhone) had reception issues in my neighborhood, I'm guessing because of the high rise buildings. I have not experienced that at all with the iPhone 5.

I do have issues with voice calls in my condo, but that is more of a problem with the building than anything else. Everyone's reception is spotty inside the building, which is a concrete high rise, so I don't consider that a problem with the iPhone.

0 Likes
geo4dub

Thanks for anwsering!  Well pulled the trigger with the new iPhone 5 and so far I am pretty Happy with it as this is my first iPhone5... Service seems to be a bit better then Sprint as well and the 4 LTE is blazing out here in the Northside and the westloop of the city...

Thanks guys!!!!

0 Likes