Anybody having any cross texting issues?
FireIsHot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously we just received our iPhone 5's.  I received a text, and my wife was somehow added to the conversation.  The person that initiated the text does not have my wife's phone #, and my wife does not have his.

This has only happened for this one person, and we were able to replicate this issue several times during the day.

Anybody else had this happen, and if so, is there a solution?

Thanks, Al

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anybody having any cross texting issues?
pemoe26
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to settings - messages - send & receive. Make sure only the appropriate numbers/emails are checked(do this on both phones).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Does the other person also have a iPhone or other iDevice that uses iMessaging? Are you and your wife sharing an Apple ID or iTunes account? If so, it may be happening if under settings you both have the Apple ID as one of the ways to contact you. If the person texting you is using your email/apple ID and you both have that on in your settings then you both can receive that message because it will send it to all devices associated with that ID....hope that makes sense how I worded it lol

0 Likes
FireIsHot
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does make sense, and yes to all.  I originally set up iCloud account, and we shared that account, but I got home this morning and created my wife her own account.  We were wanting to share our calendars, so I just just set up a private share, and that should handle that.

Now that we have separate accounts, I'll retext that person, and see if this is corrected.  If so, I'll repost.

Thanks

0 Likes
FireIsHot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Separating icloud didn't fix problem.  Person said if we we're both texting him back, the messages were mixed together.  I'll have to keep trying stuff.  It's got to be an account issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
pemoe26
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to settings - messages - send & receive. Make sure only the appropriate numbers/emails are checked(do this on both phones).

0 Likes
FireIsHot
Enthusiast - Level 2

p26, that was it.  As kb suggested, I got the accounts separated, but did not change her messaging login settings on her phone.  Her phone had both our numbers checked.  So, I logged her out of the original account, and logged her in to her new account, and everything seems to have been corrected.

Thank you both so much for helping a Droid guy make the change.

Al

pemoe26
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problem! Glad you are up and running!

0 Likes