Re: Anybody not able to check their preorder confirmnation number when checking order status
camphorhall

I have that same issue. I completed my order by 310 and my order form says delivered by the 21st but the confirmation screen shows shipped by 9/21. This is not good. I could have held on to my money and gone to the store. I really hope this is not true.

0 Likes
Re: Anybody not able to check their preorder confirmnation number when checking order status
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kind of how I feel! What number did you call? I was somehow transferred to the department and this particular rep was very helpful. He promised the delicery date of 9/21 and gave me his name and rep #. I don't know why he'd make the promise if it wasn't true? We'll see, I'll let you know for future reference. 

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the regular customer service line (twice) and spoke with two different reps about the question I had.

The rep told me that she could put in a ticket to have the address changed, but that my phones had already entered the shipping queue.  Maybe she was just being lazy, but she told me that any attempt to change the order would alter the ship date, and that she would not be able to change the date.  The second rep told essentially the same story, although she was not as articulate as the first rep.

I'm definitely interested in knowing if he changed your date back to 09/21.

0 Likes
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure they have a lot of questions coming in about the iPhone 5, maybe the majority are just being lazy and saying no to avoid confrontation. But since it was THEIR fault in my case, maybe that's why he was helpful. He said I won't be able to see the new ship date when looking up my order status, but that I will get an email by Thursday night at the latest saying it will be there Friday. I will definitely let you know if this holds true!

0 Likes
Anybody not able to check their preorder confirmnation number when checking order status
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I pre-Ordered my Droid Razr, the Website said Ship Date x/xx and my order said y/xx. I received it the day the website said it was shipping. I got my Phone the day it was available in-store.... And yes, I tried to change my shipping address on another phone, and it messed up the shipping date to what the new date was (2 weeks later than I would have gotten it, if had just left it alone). Hope this helps ease your worries! I have faith that our phones will be received by us on the 21st.... I just checked my order, and it says received and in process.

0 Likes
cpdubes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered my iphone 5 at 11:58PM when I noticed the online store opened up a little early. The transaction took about 10 min and I had my confirmation email by 12:15AM. However at about 1:10AM, I got a text that I think was from the fraud division stating that I had to reply to the text with a "yes" message to authenticate the order. I replied with yes, but did not get anything further from Verizon. Later that evening I was able to get through to a CSR who confirmed my order and text reply. When I go to the order status page, though, sometimes it doesn't recognize my order until several tries on occasion, but when it does it simply says the order is in process and still indicates a delivery date of 9/21/12 as did the confirmation email. I guess my next step is to see if my credit card was charged, but I'll wait until Monday for that as I don't think Verizon will be up on pre order status questions on their website until Monday. Has anybody checked to see if their cards have been charged already?

0 Likes
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

My CC has not been charged yet.....

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

My card was charged $1.00 by Verizon.  It's not actually a charge, so I'm pretty sure they were just verifying that the card was good.

As far as the order status page, make sure you enter your last name in CAPS.

0 Likes
sokokyu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an issue where my order status cannot be checked with the same errors you're getting – HOWEVER, when I constantly try again to check my order status, once in every ten tries, I get my order confirmation to show up correctly. I've seen other forum posts saying if you can see your confirmation through the order status page that you shouldn't be too worried so I haven't called Verizon yet.

0 Likes
kakiyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

JamieFarFromHome,

I called and talked to an entirely different rep. She looked at my order and saw the request for it to be shipped by 9/21 even though the order is today. Guess it is possible

0 Likes