Anybody receiving scuffed/dented/scratched white iPhone 5?
Anthrax82

Im sure you guys know about all the black iPhones being shipped with scuffs or paint chips on the bezel's, (Here is a giant thread at apple's forum https://discussions.apple.com/message/20096538#20096538) My white iPhone is due to arrive on Tues, Have any of you got any damaged white iPhones? , Let me know thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anybody receiving scuffed/dented/scratched white iPhone 5?
Anthrax82

Anyone that has received white iPhone's can reply??

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If no one has replied yet it's probably because their device is not scuffed or scratched OR those that ordered the white one haven't been on the forum to see your thread yet. If you haven't already, you might get a quicker response if you post on the Apple.com support forum. You'll tomorrow if your device is fine or not since you are expecting delivery on Tuesday. Hopefully it's fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Anthrax82,

I know how exciting it is to receive a new phone. I'm confident your white iPhone will not have any issues. I did review our resources and did not see any reports about the white iPhone being shipped with scuff marks. Please let us know if you have any question about your device. Enjoy your iPhone.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Anthrax82

Unfortunately my white iPhone came in with a scratch on the bezel, I shipped out the last replacement and will order a new white iPhone as soon as you guys receive my replacement i shipped on the 23rd. I hope the next one is in better condition

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Or people understand minor scuffs / scratches are going to happen and it's not a huge deal. After about a week of use, people will have something on it due to normal use. Wrap a case or bumper on it and no one will ever know. Unless it affects the actual working of the phone or there is a huge scratch on case many probably don't care. I did not inspect mine with a magnifying glass or micrometer but  there was probably some sort of imperfection on it.

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

@ NidiaA_VZW

What?!? It's a worldwide issue that has gotten so big Apple VP Paul Schiller had to address it personally. CNET and other tech media outlets have done feature stories on this problem. It even has a name, 'Scuffgate'. If you haven't heard of anything, it's because you haven't looked, not because it doesn't exist. His white iPhone 5 DID arrive with issues. So the question now becomes, what will VZW do for him?

0 Likes