Apple ID?
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

When I upgrade to the newest Apple iPhone that comes out in September 2015 this year on 2/28/16 and if I was to use the same Apple ID that I am using on my iPhone 5c on the new one is all the apps that I installed on the current phone but deleted gonna show up under All or Not On This iPhone when I go to the App Store>Updates>Purchased>All>Not On This iPhone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple ID?
Tidbits
Legend

Not on this iphone if it isn't installed. Anything you purchased under your apple ID can be reinstalled.

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

Not on this iphone if it isn't installed. Anything you purchased under your apple ID can be reinstalled.

oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

I don't get what you mean

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will always have access to your purchased apps via the App Store app but they won't automatically show up on your new iphone. The iTunes app will show everything as far as Music, Movies, and TV Shows in the "show all" or "not on this iPhone" option but apps won't show that way. Hope that makes sense.

oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

But what I was meaning once I sign in with my same Apple ID thats being used on my iPhone 5c on the new upgraded phone on 2/28/16 is the apps that I installed but deleted gonna automatically show up under Not On This iPhone in the App Store in the Updates section

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Becky, what you want to do is when you set up the new phone, select "setup as new with backup of Beckys iphone 5C"

this will install everything you used on the previous phone as well as your data, contacts, settings etc.

and, yes, anything you don't install will be in purchases under, not on this iphone.

if you already set up your phone, you can still restore from previous backup.

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

Right now I have 39 apps that I had installed on my iPhone 5c but then deleted them off the phone and the iTunes Library on my computer, here is what I am talking about

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=718149&part=2

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It won't load your private mail

You can test it now.  Open the App Store, which is signed into your Apple ID, and see all the apps with the cloud icon.  Those are apps you bought, but are in the cloud, ready to download.

unless an app is discontinued (hasn't happened) it will always be there for you.

i Will post shot from my iPad...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

image.jpgimage.jpg

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

Now you can see mine

screenshot.jpg