Battery usage
Kayhub

i fully charge iPhone 5s every night. With "average" usage,  battery % is usually around 30% after 3-4 hours. I have followed all of the settings advise from Apple to increase battery life and issue has not improved. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery usage
mama23dogs
Legend

All social network apps have settings for pictures and video within the app.

open Facebook,

tap the lines.

scroll down to app settings

turn video auto play to OFF

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When your battery is down to 30%, what does it say under settings>general>usage>battery usage>last 24 hours?

0 Likes
Kayhub

Facebook 27%, Safari 22%, home/lock screen 17%-balance of apps range from 9%-1% with average around 4% each app.

0 Likes
Kayhub

Will I get notifications when ? Are answered? Do I have to adjust any settings to receive?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

they should show up next to your screen name as a red circle with the number of replies. Do you kill your apps when finished?

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

What is your timeout set to? How long before your screen goes black after you've set it down?

0 Likes
Kayhub

1 minute

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think if you kill the apps when you are finished with them and set your screen timeout to 30 seconds that will help. I've had my phone on all day with very light use and the highest number I have is 11%. Screen is never above 10% - averages about 5%.

0 Likes
Kayhub

Will try-thanks. Not sure where I'm to view notifications (screen name with red circle ) do I have to be signed on to something specific?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Based on your % I would guess you've spent a number of hours on Facebook; not all at once, just in the last 24 hours.

Just on the forum. Are you on your phone or the computer?

0 Likes
Kayhub

Phone. Auto lock is set for 1 minute which is the shortest shutdown time offered.

0 Likes