Blocking text messages
jmyers49

I have recently bought an iphone 5 and I would like to block receiving text messages from one of my contact numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block up to five numbers for free in your My Verizon account online. That number will be blocked from calling and texting you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lkcreekbaum
Enthusiast - Level 2

in my experience, the person can still text you but not call

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

lkcreekbaum wrote:

in my experience, the person can still text you but not call

They shouldn't be able to text you; however, they can still send you iMessages unless you turn them off.

lkcreekbaum
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh, gotcha.  that must be the problem.  seems to me if the phone number is blocked...it should be blocked.  make sense?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is the point with iMessage, though. It can use an Apple ID, not a phone number.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jmyers49,

The forum has certainly provided some helpful feedback back. I'm just going to provide a brief synopsis for you. A number may certainly be blocked via our call and message block via My Verizon. http://vz.to/MqEgqB. To ensure that a block is able to take you will need to turn off iMessage by heading into Settings > Messages > iMessage - off.

There are going to be some additional features added with iOS 7 software update from Apple  that allow you to block contacts directly from the device. iOS 7 will be out later this year.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes