Bluetooth disconnects repeatedly with wifi on
lewithejew

I have a jabra wave + and have never had a problem with it until now.  I just upgraded to the iphone 5 and everytime I am connected to wifi, The bluetooth cuts out for about 10 seconds then i have to power it off so i can talk on the phone and it somehow goes back to the bluetooth without the power on.  I thought it was a bad earpiece so I bought another one.  Same issue.  So I tried it on my fathers Iphone 5 when he came to town and same issue.  It took me about a week to figure out that this was happening only when hooked up to wifi.  So I turned the wifi off on my phone and have not had the issue since.  But now I am using twice as much data as before.  Does anyone know of a solution to this so I can reconnect my wifi.  Without bluetooth I cant function.  I dont have time to keep getting my phone out to answer it or holding it up to my ear.  So to sum it up.  With wifi connected on my iphone 5 my bluetooth cuts back and forth from phone to bluetooth. if i turn off wifi, works perfectly.  Update to fix? app to install?  anything i can do to remedy this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth disconnects repeatedly with wifi on
Not applicable

I have a simular situation with my bose bluetooth ear piece but wifi has nothing to do with bluetooth. They are totally different techonologies

and on my iphone the bluetooth burps for a few seconds occasionally but pops back on. it has not disconnected while on a

call so it may be the bluetooth in the phone is acting crazy.

Since my wifi is on all the time I don't believe that is the problem maybe interference with another device in your home could

be the problem. Go to the manafacture web site and see if there is a update for your bluetooth device. I found out today I had

an update, I downloaded it and my ear piece now stays connected.

Give it a try.  Good Luck

0 Likes
lewithejew

If it was just happening at my house I would have to agree with you.  But it happens with multiple bluetooths with multiple iphone 5's at multiple locations.  I have tested it many times to make sure that the only time it happens is when the wifi is on.  It has either got to be something with the firmware or something inside the phone.  I called and talked to a verizon rep and I found out I am not the first to report it.  If It is something with the phones I tested and the rep was just telling me that to get me off the phone then I am open to suggestions.  If it was only my phone or only one of the bluetooths I tested then I would agree with you.  But it seems too coincidental to be just a defect when it happens on more than one phone with more than one bluetooth at my house, my office, and my neighbors as well.  I am also wondering if it is just the jabra wave+.  Maybe they need to update it.  I would love to hear from someone with the same bluetooth and phone to see if they are having the same issue.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Both bluetooth and wi-fi use the 2.4 GHz spectrum. So of course you are going to have issues. If you can switch your wifi to 5 GHz that may solve he problem.

0 Likes
lewithejew

Why has this never happened before on any phone I have ever had and even with the exact same bluetooth with the iphone 4s I didnt have any problems.  But now that I have the iphone 5, It doesnt work properly.  If they are conflicting with each other then why would it just start now? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

lewithejew wrote:

Why has this never happened before on any phone I have ever had and even with the exact same bluetooth with the iphone 4s I didnt have any problems.  But now that I have the iphone 5, It doesnt work properly.  If they are conflicting with each other then why would it just start now? 

Could be the iphone 5 and your wi-fi are using the same channel. Not sure. Just giving you one possible explanation. It's well known different devices using the same frequency can interfere with each other if the are in close proximity and you have two things using the same frequency on the same device. Can't get any closer than that.

0 Likes