Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Bought full retail but no option at ordering for unlimited data
LolGanked

So I currently have the unlimited data plan. I bough the iPhone 5 at full retail. During the ordering process, I selected the 2GB option as there was no way to select unlimited.

On my order it shows unlimited feature AND the 2GB data feature.

Do I need to call CS before I activate so I can make sure the unlimited data plan is the one this phone is on?

Sorry if this question has been asked already.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bought full retail but no option at ordering for unlimited data
Not applicable

I don't know if you need to, but I would just in case.  It's a lot easier if you can keep unlimited as opposed to loosing it and trying to get Verizon to switch it back.

Good luck,

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Novice

yes i would call verizon to make sure they DONT change it before you activate the phone.

0 Likes
DUKW

When I renewed 2 contracts the other day I didn't have the unlimited option either.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From another thread:

I was instructed to pick a plan, but when I receive the phone, to not activate it on my own.  Instead, I am to call customer service to have them convert it back to my "grandfathered" unlimited plan, then they would activate it for me. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/865848#865848

0 Likes
LolGanked

Thanks tikibar1. I will call when I get the phone so nothing gets messed up on my plan. I am sure the wait times to speak to a rep are going to take a bit for sure tomorrow.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

good luck!

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Novice

i was also told by a rep that you can make sure you dont lose the data, but you need to make sure you call first! do not activate the phone

0 Likes
Shane3118
Novice

Actually there was an option to pick your unlimited data plan.  I did the same exact thing and I clicked on the one that said keep unlimited data and email. 

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Novice

its there now but wasnt there at the time the preorder started

0 Likes