Brand new battery but phone won't hold charge
youthguy

I have an iPhone 5s that is only about 2 years old & I just replaced the battery but it will not stay charged. I will charge to 100%, close all apps, and do nothing with it but it will still drain at least 10% per hour. I have bluetooth & auto update off. I have restored the phone to wipe it clean, but nothing is working. If I use any app at all, the battery is gone within 4-5 hours. Again, this is a BRAND NEW BATTERY. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Brand new battery but phone won't hold charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

youthguy,

Hearing that you are having a problem with your phone is definitely concerning and we do want to look into this matter further for you. Were you having the same issues with your phone before you replaced the battery? Was the battery replaced by an Apple store location? Does the phone run really warm when it is in use or while charging? Lets get to the bottom of this for you.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Brand new battery but phone won't hold charge
youthguy

Yes, I was having the same problem with the last battery. That is why I replaced it. I replaced the battery myself. No the battery does not get very warm when charging. Thanks!

0 Likes