Brand new iPhone 5 overheating and shutting off.
lefteyeblind

Hey! My name is Cory and on the 8th I got a new iPhone 5 from the Verizon store by my house. I love it! But since day 1 I've had issues with the phone getting very hot and shutting itself off (it will give me a message "iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it"), this happens maybe 4 times a day, I've been meaning to go to Verizon, but I'm a busy man working 2 jobs... So my question is, if I'm still within the 2 weeks window can I just take my phone in and have it exchanged for a new one? The recipe got wet (I love in portland!) so I no longer have it, should I bring the box and all the accessories or just the phone? Will this be a smooth processes or should I be worried about getting stuck with this phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Brand new iPhone 5 overheating and shutting off.
rcschnoor
Legend

If you purchased the phone directly from a Verizon store, you can sign into your MyVerizon account and download a copy of your receipt. They are kept online 1 year for your convenience. To exchange for a "new" phone, your phone must be in "like new" condition in the box with everything included.

0 Likes
lefteyeblind

I've had it in a case so it's in good shape, I've only had it for 10 days.. But I've used the headphones and removed the plastic wrap etc, would that be alright?

0 Likes
adh1006
Enthusiast - Level 2

Take it to your local Apple store. They may let you exchange it for a new or refurbished phone. But it it were me, I would definitely ask for a new phone.

0 Likes