Buy new iphone 5s and still retain number
udayc

I wanted to purchase the iphone 5S when it comes out on a full price (off contract) but wanted to retain the number and services from my earlier iphone 5. Isthat possible?

I dont see it anywhere on the site. All they offer is a new line to be added or an upgrade. What if I want to keep my existing phone and buy a new one but no new number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buy new iphone 5s and still retain number
rcschnoor
Legend

I guess I am not completely following.

You want to purchase the iPhone 5S but not use it? You want to keep the iPhone 5 active? Or do you want to activate the new iPhone 5S on your current line?

If the answer is yes to the last question, then yes you can do that.

0 Likes
Re: Buy new iphone 5s and still retain number
swidgeon11

Right now Apple is not selling any Verizon iphone 5s phones off contract. Verizon stores also do not have any phones as well. The month-to-month edge forces you into a new plan, and makes you pay full price.

All of this is to ween everyone off of unlimited data contracts. The only way you can buy an off contract 5s is on ebay or from an individual.

I suppose, when most of the people have the phone they (verizon) will allow us unlimited data folks to get one.

This is inline with Verizon's CEO stating that they will NEVER have unlimited data agian.

0 Likes