CSR Inconsistencies Regarding Ship Date...
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I pre-ordered 2 iPhone 5 devices at 0305 Eastern on 09/14, the site said "Delivery by 09/21/2012" for both phones.  Not being one to believe automated sites, I called Verizon to check the order status, and I was told that the phones would SHIP on 09/21, and that they would probably arrive not later than the following Tuesday (09/25).  When I called back a second time, the CSR said the same thing, but that Verizon might also ship some pre-orders early.

Does anyone know when these devices will ACTUALLY ship?  My pre-order confirmation CLEARLY says DELIVERY on 09/21.

What is the actual answer here?  I placed the pre-orders and had the confirmation about 5 minutes after Verizon began accepting pre-orders, so there's no way they had sold out by then.

What's the story??  A consistent answer on this would be really nice.  I have a Droid Bionic from Verizon, but we are switching all of our phones from AT&T.  I have to say, Verizon is doing a very poor job communicating accurate information on this release. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CSR Inconsistencies Regarding Ship Date...
Abe73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same exact issue last year when I pre ordered my 4S.  Confirmation said Deliver by 10/14, the order status said Ship by 10/14.  Called CS, they told me it will definitely ship on 10/14 and I will get it early the following week.

They were wrong.  I got it on 10/14 via Fed Ex. 

Don't believe the order status or the CSR.  You will get it Friday.

0 Likes
CSR Inconsistencies Regarding Ship Date...
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great - thanks very much for the response Abe.

Do you happen to recall if you received an email notification when your device shipped?

0 Likes
Abe73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recall not getting anything in my email concerning my order which is why I was freaking out and calling them.  The only thing I remember that put my mind at ease was that two days before I received the phone, I logged on to my Credit Card website to check my account and saw that Verizon charged me for the phone that day.  I know they charge your card once it ships, so I felt alot better by Wednesday. 

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay - thanks again for the info.

Jamie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JamieFarFromHome - Just wanted to touch base with you to see if you received your phone.

Let us know!

Nicandron_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello...

My wife & I both received our phones as promised on 09/21.

We'll be porting our numbers from AT&T tomorrow.  We both believe switching from AT&T was the right call.

Thanks so much for the follow-up!

Jamie

0 Likes