Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
CSR Inconsistencies Regarding Ship Date...
JamieFarFromHome

When I pre-ordered 2 iPhone 5 devices at 0305 Eastern on 09/14, the site said "Delivery by 09/21/2012" for both phones.  Not being one to believe automated sites, I called Verizon to check the order status, and I was told that the phones would SHIP on 09/21, and that they would probably arrive not later than the following Tuesday (09/25).  When I called back a second time, the CSR said the same thing, but that Verizon might also ship some pre-orders early.

Does anyone know when these devices will ACTUALLY ship?  My pre-order confirmation CLEARLY says DELIVERY on 09/21.

What is the actual answer here?  I placed the pre-orders and had the confirmation about 5 minutes after Verizon began accepting pre-orders, so there's no way they had sold out by then.

What's the story??  A consistent answer on this would be really nice.  I have a Droid Bionic from Verizon, but we are switching all of our phones from AT&T.  I have to say, Verizon is doing a very poor job communicating accurate information on this release. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CSR Inconsistencies Regarding Ship Date...
Abe73

I had the same exact issue last year when I pre ordered my 4S.  Confirmation said Deliver by 10/14, the order status said Ship by 10/14.  Called CS, they told me it will definitely ship on 10/14 and I will get it early the following week.

They were wrong.  I got it on 10/14 via Fed Ex. 

Don't believe the order status or the CSR.  You will get it Friday.

0 Likes
CSR Inconsistencies Regarding Ship Date...
JamieFarFromHome

Great - thanks very much for the response Abe.

Do you happen to recall if you received an email notification when your device shipped?

0 Likes
Abe73

I recall not getting anything in my email concerning my order which is why I was freaking out and calling them.  The only thing I remember that put my mind at ease was that two days before I received the phone, I logged on to my Credit Card website to check my account and saw that Verizon charged me for the phone that day.  I know they charge your card once it ships, so I felt alot better by Wednesday. 

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome

Okay - thanks again for the info.

Jamie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@JamieFarFromHome - Just wanted to touch base with you to see if you received your phone.

Let us know!

Nicandron_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome

Hello...

My wife & I both received our phones as promised on 09/21.

We'll be porting our numbers from AT&T tomorrow.  We both believe switching from AT&T was the right call.

Thanks so much for the follow-up!

Jamie

0 Likes