Call Waiting
erink2306

When active on a call - I hear the call waiting beep, however no number displays and does not even look as though another call is coming through ... when disconnected from the first call - the "missed call" does not appear in the call log (so you have no idea who was calling) ... this happens every few calls ... I have talked to tech support who claim they have not heard about this issue before - but if you Google it, it appears several people have the issue - with no resolution ... tech support did some troubleshooting & when they made a test call of course it worked because the issue is intermittent.  PLEASE someone provide me with a resolution - missing way too many business & personal calls & at this point it is frustrating!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Call Waiting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Erink2306,

Your call waiting should work properly on every call! Does this happen with certain numbers only? Does it happens on longer calls?  Do you have call timer application set on the device?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
erink2306

Hello Ms Pamela -

No ma'am no specific numbers & doesn't matter the duration of the call. I don't know what the call timer application is - if it's the timer that counts the minutes you are on a current call then yes.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Erink2306,

Thanks for the details! It could be timer alerting you as to the minutes that you have been on the call. Some call timers will start alerting after 5 minutes, the beep resembles a call waiting beep. How many beeps do you hear when the issue occurs? Most call waiting calls will ring 5 times. Does the caller leave a voicemail each time this happens?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
erink2306

It's not the timer beeping .. It's the call waiting. Sometimes a VM is left sometimes no.

The other iPhone on my acct has this issue - I posted on FB trying to find a resolution & there were a few ppl who reported they have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erink2306 We appreciate your insight on the call issue. The main concern is that you are not receiving calls while on the phone with another party and the missed call doesn't show up in the call history. We do see that others have mentioned this issue. Have you tried to reset the network settings? If not, go to settings, general and reset. Tap reset  network settings. this doesn't delete your contacts, photos, or applications.

Please keep us posted.

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
erink2306

Yes ma'am I did this when I called tech support .. And of course when she did a test call it worked - but the issue is intermittent. Yesterday it happened - today it worked fine ..

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erink2306,

I want to make sure we truely get to the buttom of this.  We want you to be able to get notifications on all your calls.  Is this something that recently started happening to your phone?  Have you make any new changes to your software or new applications?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
erink2306

I cannot recall if this occurred before I upgrade my iPhone - I do know this is something that has been happening for quite some time - 1 year or more - seems to have progressed. I haven't done any recent updates - currently using 8.3

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
erink2306, thank you for all the information you have provided us thus far. Do you notice with the calls that do come through, are they typically the same numbers that always come through with call waiting? Do these same number sometimes have the same issue when coming through?

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes