Can I factory reset my iPhone without an Apple ID?
CynthiaABoggs

i bought an iPhone 5c from my friend but when i try to factory reset it, it asks for her apple id, which she does not know. help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i bought an iPhone 5c from my friend but when i try to factory reset it, it asks for her apple id, which she does not know. help!
Weth
Legend

There is no way around this security step without her knowing her AppleID and password.

She can go here to try to get it reset: Apple - Apple ID

More info from Apple on forgotten Apple ID password: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

View solution in original post

Re: i bought an iPhone 5c from my friend but when i try to factory reset it, it asks for her apple id, which she does not know. help!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

She will need to remember her Apple ID and password so she can remove the iPhone from Find My iPhone and for you to be able to gain access to it. Her Apple ID is whatever email address she used to make iTunes purchases.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There is no way around this security step without her knowing her AppleID and password.

She can go here to try to get it reset: Apple - Apple ID

More info from Apple on forgotten Apple ID password: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support