Can I still use my iPhone when using the hotspot feature?
karenj101

I just purchased the new iphone se and I want to use my old 5c to set up another phone number but also use it as a mobile hotspot. My question is will I still be able to make and receive phone calls when I am using the hotspot feature to get on the internet via a laptop?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can I still use my iPhone when using the hotspot feature?
Weth
Legend

With the 5c, it cannot do both data and voice at the same time. Therefore, if you had the hotspot on and a phone call came in or you made a call, the hotspot would disconnect. iPhones 5s, 5c, and 5 and less act this way - cannot do simultaneous voice and cellular data.

WIth the SE, however, it can do both data and voice at the same time. So a hotspot on the SE would continue to work even with an incoming phone call or an outgoing phone call. iPhones 6 and above can do this - can do simultaneous voice and cellular data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am also a hotspot user, karenj101. This is a  When the great question. Hotspot is active it will shut off as soon as a call is made or received.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

With the 5c, it cannot do both data and voice at the same time. Therefore, if you had the hotspot on and a phone call came in or you made a call, the hotspot would disconnect. iPhones 5s, 5c, and 5 and less act this way - cannot do simultaneous voice and cellular data.

WIth the SE, however, it can do both data and voice at the same time. So a hotspot on the SE would continue to work even with an incoming phone call or an outgoing phone call. iPhones 6 and above can do this - can do simultaneous voice and cellular data.

0 Likes