Can I transfer apps from my AT&T iPhone when I sign up for Verizon?
lpotts

I have 2 phone numbers, one on ATT with iPhone, one on Verizon that I'm  upgrading to an iPhone this week (currently it's not a smart phone). Can  I move the apps and music from the old phone over to the new one? I  only need one number and it makes more sense to keep the Verizon one. I  think the apps are attached to my iTune account rather than my phone so  it seems like it would be possible.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Closing AT&T account and not transfering number, upgrading Verizon line to smart phone, can I transfer apps
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Apps and music that were purchased through your iTunes account will remain tied to that.  It's not related to the carrier you are on. And they are not tied to your phone number.  So as long as you use the same Apple ID on the new phone, all the apps and such will transfer over.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Closing AT&T account and not transfering number, upgrading Verizon line to smart phone, can I transfer apps
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Apps and music that were purchased through your iTunes account will remain tied to that.  It's not related to the carrier you are on. And they are not tied to your phone number.  So as long as you use the same Apple ID on the new phone, all the apps and such will transfer over.

0 Likes