Can I turn off LTE and get data over 3G?
farwellbooth

If I turn off cellular data if I'm getting close to my maximum data allotment, can I still get email over 3G?  And would this still count towards my monthly data package if using 3G?  Or is 3G purely voice with iphone 5?  thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I turn off LTE and get data over 3G?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes you can turn LTE off, but it will still count towards your data. The only way to not use your data package is if you use wifi or if you turn off cellular data, but if you turn that off you will not be able to receive emails.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes you can turn LTE off, but it will still count towards your data. The only way to not use your data package is if you use wifi or if you turn off cellular data, but if you turn that off you will not be able to receive emails.

0 Likes
mcjake333
Enthusiast - Level 3

kaebfly is exactly right.  Voice is still transmitted via the older technology on the Verizon iPhone 5 so even if you use 3g vs. LTE you will still get charged data.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

Correct me if im wrong but you stated " if you use WIfi or Turn off cellular data, but if you turn that off you will not be able to receive emails.

Ive had previous iPhones, and with Wifi the user can still receive and send emails.

0 Likes