Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I upgrade now due to a device malfunction?
tfilupeitjr

my charger port is no longer functioning and my service contract does not have me eligible for an upgrade until the end of December. I do have insurance, however do not want to pay the deductible for a refurbished phone only a couple months before I had planned on getting a new phone. Is there any way I can upgrade now due to this device malfunction?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: charger is broken
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tfilupeitjr - Having a properly working device is key to enjoying your services with us. I'm here to help. Yuo can certainly check your account to see if your line qualifies for an early upgrade at this time here:  http://vz.to/1HuBSy0. Typically, if your account is in good standing permitting an early upgrade, the current device is required to be turned in via good working condition. As a result, if you do show eligibility for an early upgrade when choosing the upgrade option online, you will need to be mindful of that requirement. 

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: charger is broken
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tfilupeitjr - Having a properly working device is key to enjoying your services with us. I'm here to help. Yuo can certainly check your account to see if your line qualifies for an early upgrade at this time here:  http://vz.to/1HuBSy0. Typically, if your account is in good standing permitting an early upgrade, the current device is required to be turned in via good working condition. As a result, if you do show eligibility for an early upgrade when choosing the upgrade option online, you will need to be mindful of that requirement. 

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes