Can I use a local SIM card in Peru & Chile?
UK2CA2SD

We live in USA but are visiting Peru & Chile. Friends who have done the trip purchased a SIM for use on the trip. Can I do that for my iPhone 5? On trips to Europe we purchased an International plan but quickly used up the data. The SIM offers unlimited data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Use of alternative SIM while in Peru & Chile
Weth
Legend

Yes, you can do that with the iPhone 5. You may not get LTE, but it will work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, you can do that with the iPhone 5. You may not get LTE, but it will work.

0 Likes
UK2CA2SD

Many thanks. Bear with me but what is LTE AND what is the downside of it not working?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great questions, UK2CA2SD. It is important to us that you have a clear understanding of our netwok speeds and I am happy to continue helping.

LTE (Long Term Evolution) 4G is Verizon Wireless' 4th Generation network for wireless data. With speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, it means downloading movies in minutes and photos in seconds.I have included additional information in this link. http://vz.to/1RlMfYY I do hope this information has been helpful and please reach back out for any other questions or concerns.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

LTE is the faster internet connection. You may notice slower internet, but it doesn't affect phone calls or texting. You'll notice the type of connection in the upper left hand corner. It will say 1x (you won't see this in Peru or Chile), 2G, 3G, 4G, or LTE. YOu will likely see 2G, 3G, and maybe 4G. Each is increasing Internet speed.

0 Likes