Can I use my Verizon 5C on Vodafone UK? Or does Verizon not allow using other carriers' SIMs?
skyline1010

I am currently in the UK and was led to believe that you can swap out the nano SIM in a 5C to use on another network. I tried a SIM at Vodafone UK and the phone simply reads 'No SIM' in the upper left corner.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use my Verizon 5C on Vodafone UK? Or does Verizon not allow using other carriers' SIMs?
Weth
Legend

5C is unlocked, so it should work.   Did you try a different SIM?  Also reboot the phone. 

Re: Can I use my Verizon 5C on Vodafone UK? Or does Verizon not allow using other carriers' SIMs?
skyline1010

I only tried the SIM of the employee who swapped it from her Vodafone iPhone 6. That particular SIM was the one that caused my phone to read 'No SIM.' Also, we did try the hard reboot (holding down both buttons) with the SIM installed, to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skyline1010, thanks for those details. We reasure you that your device is already unlocked http://vz.to/1rOQDDy However, you will need to reach out to your local wireless provider for assistance with provisioning that phone to work on their network.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes