Can I use the on demand lock feature of family base with my son's iPhone 5s?
veggiegirlRD

There was a verizon rep who said yes to this question in 2015 - they said to download the app to the user.  I have downloaded the app, however it wants a sign in and if I sign in, he has parental control.  Also, on the account when I have it open it isn't recognizing it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use the on demand lock feature of family base with my son's iPhone 5s?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Does not look this is possible. Number 7 from FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Is the FamilyBase service compatible with iPhone®?

Yes, the FamilyBase Parent app is available for the iPhone; however, the companion (or child) app is not.

Even though the child app is not available for the iPhone you can still monitor calling, text and data usage through the Parent app. However, you are not able to monitor app usage or lock their phone.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I use the on demand lock feature of family base with my son's iPhone 5s?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Does not look this is possible. Number 7 from FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Is the FamilyBase service compatible with iPhone®?

Yes, the FamilyBase Parent app is available for the iPhone; however, the companion (or child) app is not.

Even though the child app is not available for the iPhone you can still monitor calling, text and data usage through the Parent app. However, you are not able to monitor app usage or lock their phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand the need to monitor and address a child’s phone, veggiegirlRD. We are sad to say, but Apple does limit what apps are allowed to do on the iPhones. At this time our Child App for Family Base is not compatible with that model phone. So features that require the app cannot be used on the iPhones. However, you can make use of Apple’s remote lock feature through icloud.com when using the Apple ID that is on that phone.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes