Can VZW transfer sms over to iphone from android?
prettysenshi2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know some sprint stores have this capability to transfer from android to iphone, including sms messages but does Verizon? I have 15k+ sms messages that i want to transfer from my android over to my iphone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can VZW transfer sms over to iphone from android?
rcschnoor
Legend

There are no easy ways to do so.

There is some 3rd party software which appears to do what you want, but they are not free.

Backuptrans is an example.

IF you use Verizon Messaging on your android and install that app on the iPhone, your sms will be added when you sync the device. However, you must have been using Verizon Messaging to send/receive those sms. You cannot install it after the fact to sync older messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
niejun

To recover deleted contacts on iPhone.There are two effective methods that you can apply to get back those valuable files, depending on what resources you have on hand (whether you have iTunes backup or a good recovery software).

There are 3 Ways for you Recover iPhone Contacts with iPhone Contacts Recovery:

Way 1: Recover lost iPhone contacts via iTunes backup files

Way 2: Recover Lost Contacts from iPhone directly without backup

Method 1: Recover deleted contacts on iPhone using iTunes backup

If you have backed up your phone through iTunes after saving the contactss on your iPhone before syncing it, then you can use iTunes to restore lost data. Here's how:

Step 1 – Choose an iTunes backup file of your device to scan, and click Scan. The process will extract the content from your phone backup file.

Step 2 – Once the scan is finished, the screen will display the entire backup content extracted. Find your contactss — in .mpeg format typically — and click Recover to recover deleted contacts on iPhone.

Method 2: No backup? Just use a third party iPhone contacts recovery tool to recover deleted contacts on iPhone

Way 3: Recover iPhone Contacts from iCloud Backup File

Tips: To avoiding lost contacts on your iPhone,you must to back up your iPhone contacts to computer,so that you never lost iPhone contacts.

0 Likes
prettysenshi2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm looking to transfer SMS messages, not the contacts.

0 Likes
Not applicable

never thought about saving text messages.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

There are no easy ways to do so.

There is some 3rd party software which appears to do what you want, but they are not free.

Backuptrans is an example.

IF you use Verizon Messaging on your android and install that app on the iPhone, your sms will be added when you sync the device. However, you must have been using Verizon Messaging to send/receive those sms. You cannot install it after the fact to sync older messages.

0 Likes
prettysenshi2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I'll buy the software and get them transferred over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there prettysenshi2,

I know its always nice to save text messages in order to refer back to important bits of information. With our brand new Verizon Messages app you are able to sync your text messages over all your devices. Visit  http://bit.ly/LC2S2C for details.

Please know that this will not sync iMessages since those are sent over WiFi and are an apple service. For assistance with those you may want to try the third party app that rcschnoor suggested.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hudicp

You can transfer all data between iPhone and Android,all you need is a third part transfer tool.

I have ever use a Android to iPhone transfer to copy sms, contacts, photos, music, call logs and more between two phones.You can free download and try!

0 Likes