Can a 5S be unlocked to use while travelling overseas?
Bronzeaus

Just purchased a 6S, and still have my old 5S. I am travelling to Australia, and wondered if I can get the 5S unlocked to insert a local sim card for use while in Aus.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can a 5S be unlocked to use while travelling overseas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a great trip you have planned to Australia, Bronzeaus. Let’s make sure you have a working phone when you arrive. The iPhone 5s is a 4G LTE phone and we do not lock our 4G LTE devices. Although there is no software from preventing you from using another carrier SIM card, you will still want to check for compatibility with the international carrier. Due to carriers using different frequencies and network technology it is always recommended to contact them first and make sure the iPhone 5s will be compatible. I have also included a link with our Device Unlock Policy so you can reference back to this if needed. Click here: http://vz.to/1VuyLsh

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a great trip you have planned to Australia, Bronzeaus. Let’s make sure you have a working phone when you arrive. The iPhone 5s is a 4G LTE phone and we do not lock our 4G LTE devices. Although there is no software from preventing you from using another carrier SIM card, you will still want to check for compatibility with the international carrier. Due to carriers using different frequencies and network technology it is always recommended to contact them first and make sure the iPhone 5s will be compatible. I have also included a link with our Device Unlock Policy so you can reference back to this if needed. Click here: http://vz.to/1VuyLsh

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bronzeaus

Thank you for your speedy reply. I shall try it out when I get to Australia.

[Personal information removed as required by the ]

0 Likes